Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Awesome 1968 MG Midget project for sale! 

Hey all,

I picked this car up with plans to put it together-mostly because the car is a great candidate for reassembly-but with the Courier beckoning and our very busy race schedule, I'm not going to get to it. I'm not exaggerating when I say this is probably the best candidate I've ever seen for a father-son (or father-daughter?) project, a relatively quick assembly job, or even a great candidate for the more detail-oriented car fan.

Exterior:
The shell is 100% rust-free, has been treated with a POR-15 type substance before being painted in OEM Tartan Red, AND is already equipped with all-new front and rear suspension! The car comes with the rest of the can of paint, as well as all the other materials used to paint and rust-proof the car. The paint still has to be buffed, and the white you see is some leftover abrasive from brief attempts at wet-sanding. It'll wipe right off.

Here you can see the undercoating (and a few cobwebs):

Suspension:
Here are some pictures of the suspension. It's a bit dusty now, but almost everything here is brand new and unused:

What follows is another reason this car would be a great candidate for assembly. This car comes with a ridiculous amount of parts. Almost all of the original parts are included, but there are also a HUGE number of brand new parts ready to be installed.

Interior:
Both original seats are included.

(This one is still bagged for protection)

In addition, these bags contain new padding and covers for the seats:

The original dash is included, along with a new replacement dash pad:

The car comes with a complete set of interior panels as well as brand new black carpet:

Engine
The car comes with a 1275cc engine and ribcase gearbox. Both were rebuilt 4 years ago according to the previous owner and were never used. The engine was left with the valve cover off for some reason. I'd recommend giving the engine a look and a good cleaning either way, but it should be fresh inside.

The car comes with its original pair of SU carbs, complete with manifold and heat shield:

As well as a pair of SUs built by Joe Curto:

And a 32/36 downdraft Weber with Pierce manifold:
Image[/URL]

Miscellaneous
The car comes with a huge number of spares. I'll list as much as I know.

Windscreen, complete with trim and rear view mirror:

A complete wiring harness, as well as a poster-size wiring diagram:
All the chrome trim for the car:

THREE hoods, including the original with trim (rusty in the front), a used replacement (also rusty in the front), and a brand new primed hood:
The original bumpers in very good shape, plus a pair of brand new bumpers still in the wrapping:

Original top with frame, plus a brand new top to go along with it (I forgot to photograph the new top):

Steering rack and steering column:

This is already a ton of pictures, but I have more if there are any questions.

For everything here and more, I'm asking $3,000obo. Feel free to call or text me at (845)264-2918. I'll negotiate, but be reasonable. There is a huge amount of value here just in parts, plus a shell is amazing shape. Thanks for looking!

Thu May 05, 2016 9:14 pm

I forgot to mention it, but the car also has a clean title and comes with a ton of receipts, paperwork, workshop manuals, and reference material!

Fri May 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Searching through ever more boxes, I've found a brand new luggage rack, headlight trim rings and gaskets, fuel tank gaskets, tail light surrounds, reverse lights, water hoses, choke cable, bumperettes front and rear, the original complete tail light assemblies and fuel filler neck, about 5 distributors....

Mon May 09, 2016 11:46 am

Car is sold, thanks!

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]