Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Turkey Bowl XIX now open for registration. 

Turkey Bowl XIX is now open for online registration--just visit the VRG homepage at http://www.vrgonline.org and scroll down to the bottom where you'll find the event's schedule, FAQ sheet and a link to online registration via MotorSportsReg. I will posting a paper entry form in a couple of days if you prefer that to electronic registration.

You'll see on the FAQ sheet a bold notice in red concerning access to the paddock. The bridge over the track has a weight limit of 5000#GVW and all trailers--whether loaded or empty, open or covered, steel or aluminum, etc. etc.--are prohibited from using the bridge. All overweight vehicles and those towing trailers of any kind may access the paddock by proceeding past the bridge and around turn 10 to the gate which will be staffed and opened at the times shown on the event schedule. Several other race groups have run events since the bridge weight restriction has been put in place and there have been absolutely no problems but it is recommended that you arrive at the track as close to 7:00 AM on Friday as possible so that you can get in, set up and teched in time for your first practice session. If you choose to arrive a bit later there are several paddock access windows as shown in red on the schedule.

The cutoff date for Early Bird registration of $250.00 is October 30 after which the fee goes to $300.00 until November 26. Walk-in registration increases to $350.00 but in light of our extremely liberal refund policy which allows cancellation up until the morning of the event there is absolutely no reason not to sign up now. You don't need an excuse--good or lame--and whether it is because you don't like the forecast, you have a headache or a distant relative is visiting you can simply cancel up until 9:00 AM on Friday, November 28th. Dinner tickets must be purchased by November 15 after which I cannot refund them but I will be happy to help you sell or give them to a needy racer or corner worker should you need to cancel out of the race.

Those who have raced at previous Turkey Bowls know that despite sometimes dire predictions the weather always seems to come through for us and since this is a low-pressure event without timing and scoring your fellow racers will all be conscious of the track's possibly being cold or damp. Family members and friends will enjoy the atmosphere around the paddock and the Saturday night banquet at the historic George Washington hotel in downtown Winchester, VA offers great food and camaraderie at a most reasonable charge.

A limited number of rooms are blocked for limited periods of time both at the George Washington Hotel and the Hampton Inn North on Berryville Pike--just mention "Vintage Racer Group" to get the special rates shown on the FAQ's.

If you have any questions please contact me by email at michael.oritt@gmail.com or by phone at: 305-793-9467.I look forward to seeing a lot of you.

Best--Michael Oritt, Event Coordiinator

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 am

The cutoff date for the discounted Turkey Bowl "Early-bird Registration" fee of $250.00 is October 31 after which it jumps to $300.00--and $325.00 at the event itself.

I realize there are always "reasons" why you may be sitting on the fence but given that you do not have to pay now in order to register and that you can cancel your registration at any time up until 8:00 AM the day of the event merely by sending me an email there is absolutely no good reason to NOT register now!

I hope to see you at the event and if you have any questions please contact me at: michael.oritt@gmail.com or give me a call: 305-793-9467.

Best--Michael Oritt, EC

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:53 pm

For anyone who is considering entering the Turkey Bowl at the last minute please keep in mind that the pre-event registration fee price of $300.00 shuts down prior to the event.

With the event drawing near I much prefer to receive your registrations online via MSR and the cutoff time is 11:59 AM on Thursday, November 26th. Once the big hand reaches the "12" online registration disappears you will only be able to register at the event for $350.00.

If you are planning on sending in a paper entry please do so ASAP as I must enter and approve these and do numerical and class assignments manually.

Also be aware that I must give the George Washington Hotel catering people a final number on dinners by Friday, November 21 and once I have done that I cannot make any changes. Last year some people felt that they would somehow be able to come by a banquet ticket at the track and were shut out.

I just accessed Accuweather's Long Range Forecast for the period covering the event and it looks like we will be blessed with the usual moderate temperatures--Lows in the mid 30's and highs in the mid 50's. Go to:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/summit ... 224?day=16

Take a minute and send in your registration!

Best--Michael Oritt

Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]