Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Invitation to tour Dyson Racing shop with HRG/VSCCA 

The Historic Racing Group would like to extend an invitation to VRG racers to join us in a shop tour of Dyson Racing in Poughkeepsie, NY on Saturday June 17, (the Saturday before Father's Day) and a week before the vintage festival at Thompson, time TBD. There are also a selection of Rob Dyson's vintage race cars displayed there, from pre war Indy cars to his first SCCA Datsun.

Brief history of Rolex 24 hr winning Dyson Racing team can be found here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_Racing

SAVE THE DATE -- FOR DYSON RACING TOUR

We have scheduled our tour of Dyson Racing for Saturday June 17th. We have not selected a time yet but I wanted you all to put this date on your calendar. I will send out another email when we decide on the time.

The address for Dyson Racing is:
38 Victory Lane in Poughkeepsie, NY.

Also, Hagerty Insurance is going to supply some hours d' oeuvres for the event. It will be a great Saturday afternoon and a good way to prepare yourself for Father's day on Sunday. Lets see, you get to see a professional race shop and talk shop to a lot of car guys like yourself on Saturday and with any luck on Sunday your wife gives you a new transmission for your race car !!!!! (Luck or wishful thinking?).

This event is open to everyone who is interested. We are sending invitations out to HRG,VSCCA,VRG,Jag Club members and feel free to bring wives, kids, crew and friends.

I know I've asked you this before but if you are planning to attend send me (Al) an email at al@woodadvisory.com telling me how many will attend. We just want to make sure we have enough food. This is not a commitment by any means, and you can come without telling me, but I am simply trying to get a ballpark number. Should I plan for 25, 50 or 100. My previous count of people interested was at about 50.

Thanks all.
I will be back in touch soon.

Al

Al De Bonis, - HRG

Sat May 13, 2017 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

Due to scheduling issues, too many events in June, the Dyson Shop tour is being rescheduled for the Fall, post race season time frame.

thanks
mike h

Fri May 19, 2017 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

The Dyson Racing shop tour for Saturday June 17 is back on. 10-4 directions and contact info below. Open to all, bring your friends.

Rob Dyson has decided to have the June 17th open house for us at his race shop in Poughkeepsie after all. I know there are a few races that weekend, however, there will be another open house later this fall. It will be from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm.

Please attend if you can. I urge as many of you that can make it to come to the June 17th open house. I believe it will be a smaller group than we will have this fall and we can have more in depth discussions. If you come in June you can come again in the fall.

The address for Rob's Race Shop is:

38 Victory Lane
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603

It is right off Route 44 behind the old DeLaval (Alpha Laval) plant.

Call me if anyone needs directions. My office phone is 845-677-3091 and my cell is 914-456-9430.

Invite all the car guys you know. The more the merrier. Also, if you plan to attend, give me a quick email (al@woodadvisory.com) saying how many will be coming so I can order enough snacks.

Al

Mon May 29, 2017 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]